Spring Institute for Leaders and Learners
Data Driven Dialogue: Collaborative Skills for School Improvement
Registration Opens TBD
Join Laura and Bruce for a stimulating, collegial learning institute based on their book, Data-Driven
Dialogue: A Facilitator's Guide to Collaborative Inquiry. Participants in this three-day seminar will
investigate strategies and structures for designing and facilitating effective data-focused inquiry.
This institute offers effective approaches for building individual and collective capacities for
collaborative school improvement initiatives.
Explore strategies and structures that reduce defensiveness and create shared
responsibility for student learning.
Engage in presentations, skills clinics, differentiated practice, small and full group
interaction, case studies and self-assessments.
Learn with Laura, Bruce and colleagues from around the world in this supportive environment
where you can practice, deepen your group leadership skills and develop personal action plans.
You will learn to:
You will leave with:
- Use data to focus a group's attention and energy.
- Apply the Collaborative Learning Cycle; a three phase inquiry-driven model for collaborative learning.
- Design engaging data explorations with both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Structure interactive conversations to help individuals and groups construct meaning as they interact with data and each other.
- Orchestrate group dynamics for interpreting, analyzing and applying data to the work of school improvement.
This seminar is designed for:
- Increased confidence and effectiveness for facilitating difficult conversations about tough-to-talk-about topics.
- Skills for framing data-based inquiry that develops shared understandings of both problems and possible
solutions as the foundation for dynamical planning processes.
- An expanded repertoire of strategies and approaches for using data to focus professional interactions.
- A verbal and non-verbal toolkit for inviting and sustaining group members' thoughtful participation.
District and building administrators, teacher leaders. school improvement facilitators, department chairs, team
leaders, professional developers and program and curriculum coordinators
Dates: Wednesday through Friday - Dates TBD
Daily schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Note: We will host a welcoming reception on Tuesday evening, May 1st, from 5 - 7 PM
|Fees: Registration fees cover seminar participation and all
training materials, including our current publications. Come with a team
to deepen your learning experience. Team (3+) registration: $400 per
($375 if paid in full by 4/20/12)
($425 if paid in full by 4/20/12)
|Location: The historic Farmington River Valley, Simsbury.
CT Simsbury Inn 397 Hopmeadow Street Simsbury, Connecticut 06070 p. 860-651-5700 f. 860- 651-8024 www.simsburyinn.com
Reservations: Make reservations for lodging directly with the hotel -
Group Name: MiraViaspring
Complimentary van service available from Bradley (Hartford, CT)
International Airport. Contact the hotel for detailed information.
Accommodations for the week are: $710.00 single occupancy, $438/each for
double occupancy. The conference package. includes 3 nights lodging
(including tax), first evening reception, continental breakfast, lunch,
breaks each day, and two dinners.
Should you need to cancel your registration for any reason, our policy is as follows:
* Please note -this policy applies to the seminar only. Check with the hotel and airlines for their policies.
- Up to April 1st, 2012 - Full Refund
- April 2nd -10th, 2012 - 50% Refund
- After April 10th, 2012 - No Refunds
Back to top