|Fall Institute for Leaders and Learners
Leading Groups: Effective Strategies for Building Professional Community
Click here to Register
Join Laura and Bruce for a stimulating, collegial learning institute specially designed for
administrators and teacher leaders. This three-day seminar provides practical frameworks and
effective strategies for developing and facilitating collaborative groups and conducting productive
and satisfying meetings.
This institute offers effective approaches for developing professional communities that interact
skillfully to clarify goals, solve problems and make decisions.
Explore roles, responsibilities and intentions of group leaders in developing
capacities and accelerating learning for groups and group members.
Engage in presentations, skills clinics, differentiated practice, small and full group
interaction, case studies and self-assessments.
Learn with Laura, Bruce and colleagues from around the world in this supportive environment
where you can practice, deepen your group leadership skills and develop personal action plans.
You will learn to:
You will leave with:
- Apply effective principles and formats for designing time efficient, outcome-focused meetings.
- Expand your repertoire of strategies for structuring information processing while monitoring, managing
and increasing group member productivity.
- Learn to navigate a continuum of interaction for flexibly leading planning, problem-solving and
decision making work sessions.
- Explore ways to accelerate group development and simultaneously orchestrate task focus, process
skills development and group member interaction.
- Increase your confidence and credibility when facilitating difficult topics and difficult groups.
Come for this essential learning:
- Increased confidence and effectiveness in designing and managing group work
- Skills for framing group purposes, processes and outcomes
- An expanded repertoire of interactive stances for working with groups
- A verbal and non-verbal toolkit for effective group leadership
Expand and refine your knowledge and skills for promoting adult learning and growth.
This seminar is designed for:
District and building administrators, teacher leaders. school improvement facilitators, department
chairs, team leaders, professional developers and program and curriculum coordinators
November 7th through Friday, November 9th, 2012
Daily schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Note: We will host a welcoming reception on Tuesday evening, November 6th from 5
- 7 PM
fees cover seminar participation and all training materials, including our
current publications. Come with a team to deepen your learning experience.
Team (3+) registration: $400 per participant ($375 if paid in full by
9/21/12) Individuals: $450 ($425 if paid in full by 9/21/12)
historic Farmington River Valley, Simsbury. CT Simsbury Inn 397 Hopmeadow
Street, Simsbury, Connecticut 06070 p. 860- 651-5700 f. 860- 651-8024
reservations for lodging directly with the hotel - Group Name: MiraViaFall
Complimentary van service available from Bradley (Hartford, CT)
International Airport. Contact the hotel for detailed information.
Accommodations for the week are: $730.00 single occupancy, $481/each for
double occupancy. The conference package. Includes 3 nights lodging
(including tax), first evening reception, continental breakfast, lunch,
breaks each day, and two dinners.
Should you need to cancel your registration for any reason, our policy is as follows:
* Please note -this policy applies to the seminar only. Check with the hotel and airlines for their policies.
- Up to September 15th, 2012 - Full Refund
- September 16th - October 20th, 2012 - 50% Refund
- After October 20th, 2012 - No Refunds
Back to top